Home | Index | Search Introduction | What's New | Thanks | Links

On The Levee, San Francisco

On The Levee, located at 987 Embarcadero in San Francisco, opened toward the end of 1958. The building had been the Tin Angel since 1953. Peggy Tolk-Watkins, the Tin Angel owner, sold the club to the jazz musician Kid Ory in 1958. On The Levee which was a traditional jazz venue closed in 1961. The building was demolished in 1962 to make way for a freeway.

Additions and corrections are welcome

Last updated October 2019