The Longshoremen's Hall, situated at 400 North Point Street, near Fishermen's Wharf in San Francisco was built at the end of the 1950's. It was intended to be used as the meeting hall for the International Longshoremen's and Warehousemen's Union.
The hall was one of the first Bay Area venues to be used by the newly evolving music and multi-media groups during the mid-1960's. It was the venue for the first Family Dog dances A Tribute to Dr. Strange and A Tribute to Sparkle Plenty in October 1965, and A Tribute to Ming The Merciless in November 1965. The Longshoremen's Hall was also the venue for The Trips Festival in January 1966. It appears that there are no official releases that include live music from the Longshoremen's Hall.
Additions and corrections are welcome