Harding Theater , San Francisco
The Harding Theater opened in 1926 at 616 Divisadero Street in San Francisco. It was originally part of the Samuel H. Levin chain of theatres and was used for vaudeville and movies. For much of the 1930 to 1960 period the theatre was used solely as movie theatre. During the 1960's the Harding was used as the Lamplighter's theatre. During the late 1960's and early 1970's the Harding Theater was a music venue. The Grateful Dead, Big Brother & The Holding Company and many others performed at the theatre during this period. Subsequently the building has been used as a community center and church. At the time of writing a large part of the building houses an arcade bar.
Additions and corrections are welcome